SekellaLaw, PLLC
Call our Manchester office today

January 2018 Archives

How to Modify a Family Court Order

When it comes to family court orders, nothing is ever set in stone, though a modification will require effort and some valid reasons before a court decides to grant such a request. That said, life is not static and there are many reasons why a parent would want to have a family court order modified. If the other parent is in agreement with the request, this will be easier to achieve, but if you and your ex are not on the same page, you will have to file a court action, asking a judge to change the order.

Mediation and the Role of Your Attorney

If you and your spouse choose mediation as a means of dissolving your marriage, you might be wondering if you still need an attorney and what role he or she might play in the process. While you are not required to have an attorney present for your mediation sessions, it would be wise to have a legal advocate with you to ensure your rights are protected and, if there are any particularly complex issues involved in your situation, he or she can advise you on the consequences of any possible settlement terms. Remember, the mediator is a neutral third party who will not be advocating for you or your spouse's best interests. Instead, the mediator's role is to help divorcing couples work on cooperating and negotiating to achieve mutually agreeable resolution.

You're Important. You Deserve The Best.

Contact Us Today For Help.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Email Us For A Response

Office Location:

Sekella Law, PLLC
222 River Rd
Manchester, NH 03104-2421

Phone: 603-505-4062
Fax: 1-603-623-0399
Manchester Law Office Map